I am super excited to announce the launch of Eve: Building RESTful APIs with MongoDB and Flask, a brand new TalkPython Training course.
Authoring this course has been a new experience for me, and I must say that I very much enjoyed every minute of it. Finding myself in the exciting position being at the same time both the project author and the instructor, I did my best to focus on the typical issues I know from experience most people face when they start setting up their first RESTful web service with Flask and Eve.
Conveniently priced at $49 it’s five hours long, and it’s for anyone who wants to leverage Eve to build robust RESTful APIs quickly. We do assume you know basic Python concepts but advanced features and knowledge of MongoDB, Flask, and REST is not required.
We dive deep into all major aspects of the Eve REST framework. After a quick introduction to MongoDB and Flask, we’ll dig into Eve, build our schemas and endpoints and start serving HTTP clients right away, and that’s just the beginning.
In this course, you will:
- Create a new Eve web service application
- Define data schemas for the service and MongoDB
- Issue queries from the client straight into the service
- Validate inbound data (including custom rules)
- Add and configure paging for large datasets
- Project responses for just the data you need
- Switch between JSON and XML per client request
- Secure your service with authentication
- Add event hooks such as pre-insert actions
- Limit the rate of your clients to avoid abuse
- Deploy your service
- And lots more
View the full course outline
I am a firm believer that code is taught best when it’s hands-on and real. In this course, live coding happens before your eyes, and you will see the entire application built in front of your eyes.
Interested? Jump to the course page right now!.